On June 22, after 480 miles of marching to Sacramento to petition lawmakers to take meaningful action in defense of democracy, we were met with locked doors and the arrests of 14 marchers who peacefully refused to move until our demands were heard.
In the wake of this action, June 23, the state Senate voted to pass AJR 1, making California the second and largest state in the nation to issue a formal call for a constitutional convention to advance an amendment guaranteeing free and fair elections.
Momentum is building. Risers have faced arrest for peacefully sitting-in here every day since our arrival, but we will not leave the Capitol until our demands are met in full. We can win this fight, but we need your support.
Occupation Daily Schedule:
- 6:15AM - Breakfast on Sidewalk
- 6:30AM - Morning Meeting on Capitol Grounds
- 7:30AM - Enter the Capitol Building (9:00AM on weekends)
- 12:00PM - Lunch on Sidewalk
- 4:00PM - Orientation for Newcomers on Capitol Grounds (2:00PM on weekends)
- 5:00PM - Gather in the Capitol Rotunda (4:00PM on weekends)
- 5:30PM - Sit-in within the Rotunda (4:30PM on weekends)
- Dinner will immediately follow the Sit-in